Seca 554 Body Composition Analysis
Medically validated and adjustable to fit your needs
The new seca mBCA 554 is the result of our long-term cooperation with medical experts and research in the field of body composition. In addition to outstanding precision and accuracy, you receive an completely user-friendly and practical BIA solution with an optional ultrasound length measurement and brilliant cloud-based software with the seca mBCA 554.
Make body composition visible and easy to understand
The graphic presentation of measurement results established in cooperation with medical professionals gives you valuable support for diagnosis and therapy. Within seconds, you’ll receive a complete body composition image plus the option of having specific questions answered thanks to a detailed analysis.
More freedom with cloud-based software
Thanks to the new cloud-based software delivery, all administrative IT issues are taken care of for you. It ensures you can concentrate fully on your medical work.
- Quick and clear graphics with normal ranges
- Normal ranges can be defined individually as needed
- Professionally prepared templates for the most important fields of application
- Customizable printout including notes and explanations for patients
- Trend analysis allows progress to be tracked in support of patient motivation and engagement
- Software suitable for all common devices (whether tablet or laptop)
Bioimpedance analysis trusted by the medical profession
- Unique accuracy by validation from whole-body MRI (skeletal muscle mass) and 4C model (fat mass)
- Validation studies are completely and transparently published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, among others (1,2)
- Validated for individuals affected by obesity (starting at a BMI of 30 kg/m²) (3)
- Comprehensive, personalized normal ranges based on over 3,000 multiethnic subjects (4)
- 1) Quantification of whole-body and segmental skeletal muscle mass using phase-sensitive 8-electrode medical bioelectrical impedance devices. Bosy-Westphal A, Jensen B, Braun W, Pourhassan M, Gallagher D, Müller MJ. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2017.
2) What makes a BIA equation unique? Validity of eight-electrode multifrequency BIA to estimate body Composition in a healthy adult population. Bosy-Westphal A, Schautz B, Later W. Kehayias JJ, Gallagher D, Müller MJ. Eur J Clin Nutr 2013; 67: 14-21.
3) Limitations of Fat-Free Mass for the Assessment of Muscle Mass in Obesity. Jensen, B., Braun, W., Geisler, C., Both, M., Klückmann, K., Müller, M. J., & Bosy-Westphal, A.(2019). Obesity facts, 12(3), 307-315.
4) Generation of normal ranges for measures of body composition in adults based on bioelectrical impedance analysis using the seca mBCA. Peine, S., Knabe, S., Carrero, I., Brundert, M., Wilhelm, J., Ewert, A., … & Lilburn, P. (2013). Int J Body Compos Res, 11, 67-76.
|Display type||4.3″ tiltable and rotable touchscreen|
|Ports||USB for barcode scanner|
|Measurement method||8-point Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis|
|Measurement duration||24 seconds|
$5025.00 CAD, $3775.00 USD
Sale: $4459.00 CAD, $3399.00 USD
Free Shipping to most Canadian locations.
Free Shipping to continental USA, excluding Alaska & Hawaii.
Purchase via Paypal by clicking the Add to Cart button above or call us and place your order over the phone.
Toll Free 1-877-747-8371, Ph: 250-747-8371
Davco Weight Scales Inc. P.O. Box 4104, Quesnel, BC, Canada, V2J 3J2
All contents of this site ©1999-2021 Davco Weight Scales Inc.